This is true. My daughter went to the doctor's office 2 days ago. She was there as the first patient of the day. She was in the waiting area for less than 15 minutes and started having difficulty breathing. Her eyes were burning. She was scratching her face. I immediately took her EPI PEN out of her purse and she took it and injected it into her leg. She progressively started getting worse. I asked the receptionist to call an ambulance immediately, she was going into anaphylactic shock. Within the last few months, these reactions have happened frequently and with very little notice. One of the doctors in the building had other healthcare workers help her to the floor, I administered a second epi pen into her leg. She was still having much difficulty breathing and could not talk or respond to the doctor. They carried her into one of the treatment rooms while waiting on the ambulance and was monitoring her blood pressure. The doctor gave her an injection of benydryl. I have never been so frightened for her. Every time she comes into contact with latex or breaths air with latex particles her allergy is worsening. About a month ago she was driving through town and they had just asphalted the road. Immediately after breathing in the air from the fresh asphalt, she started sneezing. We stopped the car and went into a restaurant. She started going into shock. I could go on an on. It will only get worse. We have now purchased a 3m respirator mask prescribed by her allergist who has now retired. She will wear this whenever she goes into any healthcare facility or when out in traffic driving. I advise you to take all precautions, as you may be alone when having a reaction and may not get help in time.