I also have tinnitus. My doctor says it is from allergies and since I have been tested, I have learned that after exposure to something I have eaten, breathed, or come into contact with, e.g., weeds, trees, grass, molds, dusts, etc. that the intensity is severe. Most doctors do not recognize this as related to allergy. Should you have any problems getting a physician to acknowledge this, just go and have some allergy tests done and see for yourself. It's really made a difference in my life. Good Luck.