Yes, IVP dye can have various degrees of allergic reaction. You have to demand now, and always answer yes to IVP dye when asked if you are allergic to any medications. I began as a child with a reaction and it progressively worsened to allergir reaction, difficulty breathing, throat swollen shut, actual paralysis on one entire side of my body and acute hives and swelling to the point they called a code blue on me and called my mother to come to the hospital where I was supposedly having an outpatient kidney xray. That was 20 years ago, and I have had CT scans and MRIs since and ALWAYS remind the techs of the allergy. They do have another medication for the tests, it made me ill feeling but no dramatic affects. I am, however, not allergic to seafood, yet can not even use Betedine type iodines. Hopefully you will not have to go thru another encounter or reaction. Remember, have it noted on all medical files!!!