Recently, I had a severe reaction to a medication, and it nearly killed me. I had hives, itching, trouble breathing, my toenails turned blue, I was dizzy and my chest and heart hurt. I am trying, due to still having problems with breathing and my chest hurting, to find out if there are long range effects to anaphylactic shock, and what, if anything I can do to cure these problems. My doctor is treating me with Zyrtec at the moment, but it doesn't seem to be helping much. I can breath better with it, but I still have to take it to be comfortable and the allergic reaction was over 2 weeks ago. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.